If you have questions about becoming a WIC approved vendor, adding food or updating prices, administering your store’s program, or tips for how to best help WIC participants, we’re here for you.
Contact Vendor Manager, Wendy Speaect, with questions by phone at 605.773.6206 or by email.
Printing the WIC Approved Food Guide
WIC Approved Foods are frequently added and removed making pre-printed versions quickly outdated. The digital version now provides participants, Vendors and WIC staff with a 100% accurate Guide at all times. It is suggested to print in small batches. This will ensure the most accurate Guide is always provided.
Now available in English and Spanish!
- Use this format for viewing on your computer or emailing to participants.
- Use these for printing in booklet format.
- Printing directions:
- Select “Print on both sides of paper”
- Select “Flip on the long edge.”
- After printing and folding, the booklet can be stapled together in the middle to keep the booklet together.
- Print in small quantities. Frequent updates are made and this will ensure the most accurate Guide is always provided to the participant.
- Outlines the different combinations of whole grains per new product size availability
WIC Is Here to Help (Homeless Food Package Options)
- Detailed handout of the food package options for participants with limited storage, refrigeration or equipment
Effective January 1, 2021, South Dakota WIC’s infant formula contract will change to Similac (Abbott) products. Effective January 29, 2021, WIC participants will not be issued Mead Johnson Enfamil formulas.
WIC Authorized Vendor List
WIC Retail Notes