Start Application

SD WIC is still providing services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.

If you are a South Dakota resident who qualifies for WIC, start the application process by scheduling an appointment at a WIC clinic.

You can schedule your  appointment in two ways:

You call us…

Find WIC clinics near you using the Locator tool. Enter your zip code, and call your preferred clinic to schedule your appointment.

Or, we call you!

Fill out the form below with your information and the best way to reach you. A WIC staff member will be in touch within a few days to schedule your appointment.

Need help finding a clinic or filling out the form? Call the central office at 605-773-3361 or 1-800-738-2301

What to bring to your appointment

For your first appointment, friendly staff will verify your eligibility, discuss your nutrition, and answer any questions you may have. Please bring all children and infants who you are applying for, plus the following items.

Proof of South Dakota Residency

  • Valid driver’s license, valid passport/VISA, South Dakota ID
  • Current bill, rent, or mortgage receipt showing your street address
  • Current Medicaid benefit letter, TANF benefit letter, or SNAP card
  • Homeless shelter address
  • Voter registration

Proof of Total Household Income

  • Bring all paycheck stubs for the last 30 days for each person in your household who works (For example, if you’re paid every two weeks, bring both pay stubs for the last 30 days.)
  • Plus any additional income for the last 30 days of pay. (For example, alimony or child support payments, public assistance or welfare payments, unemployment compensation, pensions, Social Security benefits, regular contributions from person not living in household, dividends or interest, net rental income, etc.)


Provide identification for each person applying for WIC, as well as identification for the adult who is applying on behalf of an infant/child.  Bring one of these options:


  • Picture I.D. (valid driver’s license, passport, military ID, school/work ID, etc.)
  • Birth Certificate
  • Current Medicaid Card
  • Foster Child Record
  • Social Security Card
  • Health Benefit Insurance Card
  • Immigration papers
  • SNAP or TANF Benefit Proof letter
  • Pay Stub or Tax Form


  • Crib Card
  • Hospital Record
  • Social Security Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Current Medicaid Card

Enrollment in Other Programs

If you currently participate in the following program(s), bring your current card or letter:

  • Medicaid
  • SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
  • TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)