SD WIC is still providing services during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Fill out an online form to start the WIC application process
- Appointments will be held over the phone
- Stay updated on the latest information
- Call your local WIC clinic if you have questions
To participate in South Dakota WIC, you need to be a South Dakota resident and meet the following guidelines. Not sure if you qualify? Contact a WIC Clinic near you and a WIC staff member will help you.
Who can apply
You can apply for WIC if you are or have:
- Breastfeeding a child under age 1
- Delivered a baby within the past 6 months
- A child under age 5
About your income
You also must meet income guidelines based on your family size (listed below) OR be a recipient of:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Medicaid (approved aid code)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations)
|Household||Yearly Income||Monthly Income||Twice Monthly||Bi-Weekly||Weekly|
About your job
If you have a salaried or hourly job, you’ll need to provide all income received by the household during the 30 days prior to the date of your application for WIC. If you are self-employed or a farmer, bring in your most recent US1040 income tax form. We use your net earnings to determine your income qualifications.
If you’re not eligible
Don’t worry—although you may not qualify for the WIC program, you can still benefit from these resources.
For more information on prenatal care:
If you and your family meet eligibility guidelines, contact a WIC clinic to start the application process.