Do you qualify for the South Dakota WIC program?
To help guide you through the requirements below, answer a few questions in the MyWIC Client Portal to see if you are eligible for benefits:
To participate in South Dakota WIC, you need to be a South Dakota resident and meet the following guidelines.
Who can apply
You can apply for WIC if you are or have:
- Breastfeeding a child under age 1
- Delivered a baby within the past 6 months
- A child under age 5
About your income
You also must meet income guidelines based on your family size (listed below) OR be a recipient of:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Medicaid (approved aid code)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations)
About your job
If you have a salaried or hourly job, you’ll need to provide all income received by the household during the 30 days prior to the date of your application for WIC. If you are self-employed or a farmer, bring in your most recent US1040 income tax form.
If you’re not eligible
Don’t worry—although you may not qualify for the WIC program, you can still benefit from these resources.
For more information on prenatal care:
If you and your family meet eligibility guidelines, contact a WIC clinic to start the application process.