You made a great choice!
Your determination to provide the best feeding for your baby is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Breastfeeding gives your baby a healthy start that will last a lifetime.
WIC is a great source of breastfeeding information and support!
WIC families have access to…
- Breastfeeding experts including CLCs and IBCLCs
- CLC = Certified Lactation Counselor
- IBCLC = International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant
- WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program
- Free breast pumps and breastfeeding aids
- Greater quantity and variety of food and longer participation on the program for mothers that breastfeed
Explore the WIC Library for additional information on preparing to breastfeed, getting started, positioning, pumping, common questions and answers, support tools and even a Roadmap to Breastfeeding Success in the first year!
Mom’s Bestfeeding Kits
We at the South Dakota Department of Health WIC Program understand the challenges of breastfeeding and have created a kit containing information and resources to help ensure your success. Click the links below for more information.
- Breastfeeding is Best Booklet
- Human Milk Storage Guidelines Magnet
- Handbook for Dads
- Breastfeeding Mother’s Bill of Rights
- Benefits of a Breastfeeding Friendly Work Environment
Request Your Free Kit
Free Mom’s Kit includes exclusive materials such as a magnet with human milk storage guidelines, a dad’s breastfeeding handbook, Breastfeeding is Best booklet and so much more.
Click HERE to request a kit!
Want to learn more?
Explore the WIC Library Breastfeeding section!
Click on the links below if you’re a business owner or physician and want more information on breastfeeding!