Breastfeeding Peer Counselors
What is a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor?
A Breastfeeding Peer Counselor is a woman in the WIC community who has personal breastfeeding experience as well as specialized training in assisting moms with breastfeeding.
This service is offered free of charge to WIC participants for the benefit of pregnant women and moms who choose to breastfeed.
Meet the Peer Counselors!
What can a Peer Counselor do for you?
- Help you make an educated choice of how to feed your infant
- Discuss common breastfeeding concerns with you
- Help you work breastfeeding into your life
- Educate family and your personal support group on breastfeeding
- Provide you with emotional support and encouragement during and after your pregnancy
Peer Counselors are here for you!
They are available everyday of the week, whenever a question about breastfeeding may come up.
Feel free to contact a Peer Counselor:
Visit Us on the WEB: sdbfpc.zendesk.com