Words of Affirmation for Breastfeeding Mothers
Everyone’s breastfeeding journey is different. Just remember that it’s okay to ask for help.
Breastfeeding is a journey. As you move through the different stages there can be ups and downs. This is common but can be hard to stay encouraged day in and day out. Show yourself kindness with the power of positive self-talk and words of encouragement through the tougher times and celebrate your body for the amazing things it is doing for you and your baby.
Below are some positive affirmations that can help throughout your breastfeeding journey.
- My breastfeeding journey matters.
- My body is amazing, I love all that it can do!
- Breastfeeding is worth it for me and my baby.
- I can ask for help when I need it.
- My best is enough.
- Every drop of breastmilk helps my baby.
- I trust myself and my body.
- Take it one feeding at a time.
- I will keep trying!
- I am exactly what my baby needs.
- I am grateful that I’m able to breastfeed.
- What I am feeling right now is okay.
- Remember to breathe – when I relax, my body relaxes and milk flows more easily.
- Keep calm and breastfeed on!
Whether it is your first time breastfeeding or you have had experience in the past, remember to take breastfeeding one feeding at a time. Say a few of these affirmations to help you when feeding your baby gets tough or when negative thoughts arise.
Feel free to create your own affirmations that are meaningful and relevant to you! You can also try other ways to stay calm and encouraged while breastfeeding through meditation or self-care. A healthy support system can also be beneficial such as WIC peer counseling and breastfeeding support.
South Dakota WIC is here for you every step of the way!
Source: USDA WIC Breastfeeding Support