Product Recall Notice – Beech-Nut Infant Rice Cereal
Beech-Nut Nutrition has issued a voluntary recall of one lot of Beech-Nut Stage 1, Single Grain Rice Cereal. Click here to view the announcement.
- The specific Beech-Nut Single Grain Rice item (UPC Code# 52200034705) being recalled has an expiration date of 01MAY2022 and product codes: 103470XXXX and 093470XXXX. The expiration date and product numbers can be found at the bottom of the Beech-Nut Single Rice Cereal canister. These specific product codes were distributed nationally through retail and online.
- Consumers who may have purchased Beech-Nut Rice Cereal with product codes: 103470XXXX and 093470XXXX with expiration of 01MAY2022 should discard the product. They can also go to www.beechnut.com/ricecereal, or call 1-866-272-9417, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for further information on obtaining an exchange or refund.
- This recall is a result of a routine sampling program by the State of Alaska which found that samples from that production lot of Beech-Nut Stage 1, Single Grain Rice Cereal tested above the guidance level for naturally occurring inorganic arsenic set by the FDA in August 2020, though the rice flour used had been tested and confirmed as being below the FDA guidance level for inorganic arsenic.
- In addition to issuing the voluntary recall, Beech-Nut has also decided to exit the market for Beech-Nut branded Single Grain Rice Cereal. Beech-Nut is concerned about the ability to consistently obtain rice flour well-below the FDA guidance level and Beech-Nut specifications for naturally occurring inorganic arsenic.
- In 2019, Beech-Nut co-founded The Baby Food Council to create science-based standards for reducing levels of heavy metals in food products to as low as reasonably achievable, using best-in-class management techniques.
- For more information about the recall, please visit the FDA announcement here: https://tinyurl.com/48wmb6ws.