SD WIC: COVID-19 Updates
Updated July 17, 2020:
The South Dakota WIC program continues to keep the safety of our participants and staff as top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Most services can be completed by phone. However, WIC will provide in-person services by appointment, only if needed or requested.
WIC participants will be asked to follow these safety guidelines when coming to a WIC appointment:
- Everyone ages 2 and older must wear a mask.
- Only one adult should come with an infant or child.
- Only bring the child/children needed for the appointment. When possible, leave the other children at home.
- Call the WIC clinic when you arrive in the parking lot. Staff will let you know when you can come in to start your appointment.
- Everyone will receive a health screening at the door. Staff will take everyone’s temperature and ask questions about COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staff will wear a mask and use protective equipment at all times during the appointment.
Please call your local WIC office with any questions or concerns. sdwic.org/locations/
MESSAGES FROM THE CLINICS…
Due to additional tasks being placed on some of the offices related to COVID-19, there are increased call volumes that may result in frequent busy signals.
If you are unable to reach one of the below offices and are in need of WIC or other community health services, please call one of the alternate numbers listed below or send an email and we will get back to you quickly.
Brule County/Chamberlain Community Health Office: DOHChamberlainclinic@state.sd.us
Clark & Day County Community Health Offices: Watertown: 605-882-5177 or Sisseton: 605-698-4183
Dewey County/Isabel Community Health Office: DOHIsabelclinic@state.sd.us
Fall River County/Hot Springs Community Health Office: DOHHotSpringsclinic@state.sd.us
Gregory County/Burke and Bonesteel Community Health Office: DOHBurkeclinic@state.sd.us
Haakon County/Philip Office of Child and Family Health: DOHPhilipClinic@state.sd.us
Minnehaha County/Sioux Falls Community Health Office: DOHSFClinic@state.sd.us
Perkins County/Lemmon Community Health Office: DOHLemmonclinic@state.sd.us